Company Holiday Parties Increase Risks
As your Mississippi business prepares for the annual company holiday party, remember that these activities can increase your risk. While your business insurance would most likely response to claims, we have a number of tips to help reduce the likelihood of litigation. It is worth noting that employers are responsible for the conduct of their employees at all work related events.
Office Holiday Party Safety
- Limit use of alcohol; offer two drink tickets per person.
- Make sure you have food at your party.
- During the party, monitor alcohol consumption. Quickly try to diffuse any situations or displays of inappropriate behavior.
- Consider having the party at a restaurant. This is a good way to transfer liability.
- Make the party optional.
- Arrange for cab rides or transportation home for guests who may need it.
- Review harassment policies with all employees as a reminder of proper behavior.
- Encourager managers to set a good example.
- Consider inviting spouses, which is a good way to reduce romantic hook-ups.
- Know your state laws.
- If you have employees bring food, be sure the food is labeled by type. Some people may have food allergies.
Being an Independent Insurance Agency, US Select Insurance has the ability to offer broad access to local, regional, and national insurance carriers. We represent some of the largest and highest rated companies in the insurance industry. This allows us to find the products and coverage you need at a premium you can afford.