Everyone who buys insurance often runs into what we call the 7 deadly sins of buying insurance. These apply to both personal insurance and business insurance. Read these to see if you can relate to any of them.
- Your deductibles are too low. The lower the deductible the higher the premium will be. Consider increasing auto physical damage deductible on older vehicles.
- You have more than one agent. Having two agents it not wise. Select one agent whom you believe will be best for you. Two agents can trip over each other, and you could end up un-insured.
- You don’t consider the insurance cost when buying a car. The make and model of the car you purchase will have an impact on the insurance costs.
- Your replacement cost value is not correct. It is very important to keep your replacement cost up to date. Replacement cost coverage will replace or rebuild your property with like kind and quality of materials.
- Failure to develop a property inventory. Having an accurate inventory of your personal property can reduce stress at the time of a loss and help insure you receive 100% of what you lost.
- You have coverage you do not need. There are many different types of insurance you can buy but not all are needed. For example, travel insurance, pet insurance, extended warranties and mortgage life insurance is not always needed. We have other options and recommendations, call us today.
US Select Insurance LLC offers a complete line of insurance and group benefits for employers ranging from group health insurance to life and FSAs.