A “high-risk” driver is generally defined by the auto insurance companies as someone who has a higher risk of having an auto accident. Auto insurance companies often see high-risk drivers as undesirable, as they may end up costing a great deal in claims.
Why you may be defined as a high risk driver?
- You have multiple accidents or tickets during a specific period of time.
- You have a DUI.
- You have a serious violation.
- Any accident that results in a fatality.
- Driving without a license.
- Driving without insurance.
- You drive an exotic car.
- For whatever reason, your auto insurance has lapsed.
How to get auto insurance if you are considered high risk
- You may need non-standard insurance.
- SR-22 insurance for specific situations.
- Allow your agent to shop auto insurance for you.
- Determine what auto insurance discounts you may be eligible for.
- Improve your driving skills.
- Consider a lower risk car.
US Select Insurance is an Independent Insurance Agency specializing in writing a complete range of insurance products from Business/Commercial to Personal. Our staff is committed to providing unsurpassed customer service, excellent products, and affordable premiums to our clients.